CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Daddy Day Camp

The weekend before last, the one before my surgery, was my weekend to work and the girl's weekend with Bill. Their stepbrother Chris is at Ft. Benning, Georgia for basic training for the Army and it was family weekend so Bill & Polly asked Kevin to keep the kids while they went to Georgia. This was the first time that he has actually kept them by himself. On Friday we picked up the kids, I headed to work and they went wild. Not literally, but in a sense. I came home on Saturday morning to empty pizza boxes, movies rented from Blockbuster and a spontanious trip to Wally World. On the counter, (no attempt was even made to hide the evidence) were boxes of Little Debbie snack cakes, Pringles, a case of Coke, a cannister of Slim Jims, cheese and crackers, peanuts and just for nutritional measure 3 cans of pears. I normally do not buy all that junk so they went all out. Saturday Kevin took the girls 4 wheeling with his bunch of friends and their kids and the girls had a blast. Sunday was spent sleeping in, coloring pictures for Mommy and eating Taco Bell for dinner. They were very good about letting me sleep suring the day on Sunday but I did get up early so I could spend some time with them. Monday morning I got off work a little early and fixed them breakfast, did their hair and took them to school. Kevin did a wonderful job with the girls and they loved all the special attention and goodies that they got.

1 Tell us what you think!:

B.E.A.L. said...

That is always fun to have those special times every once in a while. I am sure Kevin had just as much fun as they did...and he survived!