CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

RIP G

So....lots has happened since my last blog! On Thanksgiving Day I started getting a sore throat and that little burn in my nose....you know the one...the first tell tale sign of a cold!I got up on Black Friday and went shopping at Walmart with Megan & Heather (OK...so it was by way of cell phone!. This was my first experience of Black Friday shopping. Kevin and I had been on the Internet scoping out the deals and I had my list made of what I was going to get. I got there at 4:45 am and left with my deals in hand along with a bloody knuckle where a not so nice shopper smashed my finger between her buggy and mine! OK.....the flu bug kicked in on Saturday and I was literally on the couch until Friday. I tried to be respectful of my hubby, who took WONDERFUL care of me by the way, and stayed clear of the bed so as not to give him my germs....he got sick on Thursday. Kevin catered to my every whiny need, went to the store and bought me medicine, new socks, all my fav drinks and goodies as well as a box of Calgon bath beds so I could soak and relax, how sweet, huh? I was also missing my ooober bloggers Jodi & Erin.....they had let a few days pass without blogging but Im glad to see that everyone is finally catching up. Got my tree and decorations up now,a little shopping done...feeling the Christmas Spirit. Kevin's grandmother passed away yesterday so we have family coming in from all over. My brother and sister in law from Illinois are coming and staying with us which I am excited about. Even though this is a sad occasion, we are all feeling blessed that all the family gets to come in close to Christmas although totally unexpected. This is the first time since 1985 (kevin's Dad's funeral) that all 3 brothers will be together...can you believe that?????? His niece that no one has seen in 23 years, including her dad, Kevin's brother Mike, has also come in from SC. Brother Steve that lives in Illinois has a daughter that lives here in Charleston. She is pregnant and due in Feb...they were not planning on coming out until the baby was born but now he gets to see his daughter pregnant. SO.....even though it is for a funeral, this will be a big family reunion and everyone is super excited. I asked Kevin if her was very sad and he said not really.....his grandma (G as they called her) was 99 YEARS OLD...can you fathom that? Up until last year she was going to get her hair and nails done and still able to go and do things. She lived a FULL LIFE he says and that makes him happy not sad. Sorry for all the rambling...I had a lot to say!

1 Tell us what you think!:

B.E.A.L. said...

Sorry to hear about your illness and G passing. Have fun with the fam this weekend. Isn't black friday the greatest?!

Glad you're back in blogland!