CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Nice surprise

Yesterday Kevin and I got a nice surprise....I got off work at 9:45! I only had to work 3 hours because we did not have enough work units to keep 3 people. It was thunderstorming and we got Chinese takeout, cuddled up in our jammies and watched "The Bucket List". For those who have not seen this movie, I highly recommend it, it was wonderful! Today he left to go back up to Parkersburg for the week, they had a golf tournament today and I am back to work tonight. I really enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with him, our times these days is minimal. On another note, the girls have this new thing about cooking breakfast themselves. Last Saturday morning Kelsie & Brianna made fried eggs, bacon and coffee. Bacon was good, eggs.....well, lets just say that Kelsie could not tell how much salt was coming out of the shaker! We definitely needed extra blood pressure medicine that day. As for the coffee.....it was pretty good, a little weak but good nonetheless. Later that evening Brianna decided to make some more. She walks up to us and asks how to get the coffee off of the water filter. Our coffee maker has a water filter disk that sits on top of the filter basket. They had put the coffee grounds on top of the filter, did not remove the old filter of coffee grounds (from about 2 days before) and made the coffee that way. We showed them how to properly make coffee and now they are pros.On Thursday Brianna decided to make breakfast for me and Kelsie. The eggs were really good but the toast.....I had a new loaf of bread....I took a bite of the toast she had made and almost threw up! She had used an old loaf that I had not thrown out yet, had about three pieces of bread that had apparently MOLDED! Yep, my child fixed me moldy bread...she said she didnt want to open the new loaf until the old one was gone.

1 Tell us what you think!:

B.E.A.L. said...

It sounds like you guys made the most of your weekend...how fun to cuddle with take out and a movie! And how nice is it that your girls cook for you! Sweet girls they are :)